Saturday, December 11, 2021

Klem's Goals for 2022

It's important to have a game plan to help a guy stay on course. Well, here's my plan for the new year.



[1] Get a new garage door opener installed. We've been horsing around with our current one, operable periods book-ended steeply with inoperability requiring manual open and close. Enough.


[2] Read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy [1,225 pages]. This tome has been on my to-do list for too long. I suppose if I write it down I'll finally get it tackled. So, here we go.


While I'm at it, also read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens [568 pages] to put that to rest, too.


[3] Complete the enumeration of my ‘101 Rules to Live By.’ Values and goals I propose for leading a good life.


[4] Get my high-end sports cards professionally graded.


[5] Paint the rear gate.


[6] Have my knees perused by a professional. This is an extension from my 2021 Goals because we zeroed out our Flexible Medical Reimbursement account before I got to this. [Well, at least that's my excuse.] Anyway, these things, both knees, have been the source of mild unpleasantness for two decades. With an eyeball looking toward the future quality of life, this is the year I seek a professional’s assessment. Can they be improved or is this it?


[7] Start Two Guys comic. This will be an online comic with two cartoons posted monthly. The attempted humor will take place here: [https://twoguyscomic.blogspot.com].


[8] Bake a ham.


1 comment:

  1. OK, so how'd I do on my 2022 Goals?


    Yes, to the garage door!

    Yes, to reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. All 1,000+ pages of it. Also scored on Dickens' Great Expectations.

    The rules were completed and renamed 77 Principles for Personal Peace. [https://wdklem.blogspot.com/2022/07/klems-77-principles-to-personal-peace.html]

    The sports cards were not appraised. I did some early research, got distracted, then lost interest. To be pursued another time.

    No to painting the rear gate. The need was reassessed then re-slated for 2024 after retirement.

    The knees were reviewed by a professional and determined to be more roughly warn than a normal set of kneecaps [less cushion between the bones], but surgery is not needed. A cortisone shot was delivered to each knee, to no avail. Joint cartilage supplement-stage has commenced. Hoping to find one that makes my kneecaps say 'Wow.' Or at least roadblock further deterioration.

    Yes to Two Guys comic. [https://twoguyscomic.blogspot.com/], but not to be continued next year. Turns out I liked the idea more than the activity.

    No to baking a ham. Maybe another time when I need to cook up some playoff mojo for my favored footballers, but not this season.

    wdk 12/19/2022

    ReplyDelete