Saturday, July 17, 2021

The COVID Chronicle, July 1-15, 2021

 

July 2 [Friday]

One of [the boy’s] friends has a hearty weight training set at his home. Some of his friends had been getting together for a workout and [the boy] joined them today, second time this week. I like to see him engaging and getting out in the face of this waning pandemic. I also like him returning from workouts all sorely muscled and spent. 

 

July 5 [Monday]

“When is dad not going to work from home anymore?” “Do you miss your work clothes?” The queries I faced at dinner tonight from [my daughter]. Answers: ‘Probably by the end of the year, but don’t know for certain.’ ‘Not at all.’ I’ve gotten spoiled working from home. I like it. I don’t miss maneuvering the southern California freeway traffic going to appointments. I relish the convenience of always being home for lunch and reading while lunching.

 

July 8 [Wednesday]

My weekly foray into Vons continues. The unmasking is visually increasing in ratio of masked denizens to sans mask. At [Wife Klem’s] behest I remain in mask for my retail field work.

 

July 11 [Sunday]s

The European 2020 soccer championship game was much more crowded than the tournament games in earlier rounds. Not overstuffed like championship games of pre-Covid years, but these were the most thickly populated spectators I’ve seen since Covid. Looks almost capacity. But most important, Italia won! They beat England on penalty kicks.

 

July 13 [Tuesday]

Mom told me today that it’s OK if I want to stop sending my daily emails to her. She’s being courteous as a time consideration for me. Truth is, I haven’t been short of time since before Shelter In Place. The only time I feel occasionally rushed is during work hours when there’s an occasional flurry of activity. But I’m otherwise locked in with my daily Mom emails and is no drag on my time. This has become part of my daily routine and will continue. I like it. I enjoy her replies hearing what she’s up to, her concerns and worries, what she’s thinking about and looking forward to. 

 

July 15 [Thursday]

Los Angeles County has been experiencing an increased load of Covid infections, so the mask mandate for indoor businesses starts back up effective 7/17/2021. It’s uncommon for the vaccinated to be infected, and when they are, the vaccinated infection cases are predominantly mild.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment