Saturday, July 31, 2021

The COVID Chronicle, July 16-31, 2021

 

July 16 [Friday]

My shaving quality has diminished during Covid. I don’t often have a public audience and my work remains strictly virtual. Nobody sees me close up enough to observe my shaving defects. Today I’m going to a funeral, not Covid related. With the need for a more pristine shave I find myself being more diligent where I would normally blow past knowing that Skype would not reveal the deficiencies.

 

July 19 [Monday]

Covid has done wonders for my Verizon store experience. We had a cell phone issue requiring remedial action. Prior pre-Covid in-store experiences yielded a crummy overcrowded bloated experience of wasted time and waiting. But today! Covid protocol offered an appointment and we accepted. The place was sparsely populated with patrons. We were in and out in 15 minutes! How nice and unexpected.

 

July 22 [Thursday]

We’re buying a car for [the boy], he’s going back to live action college at the end of August and will be living on campus. Car inventories are stifled! Looking for a 2022 Prius Prime LE. Checking in with five local dealerships we can’t even find one on the lots. Tight inventory has a Covid angle. There’ve been microprocessor deficiencies worldwide since Covid’s advent. This has affected new car supplies, amongst much other merchandise. Anyway, we put a deposit down on a vehicle sight unseen. Silver.

 

July 27 [Tuesday]

The numbers of afflicted have been increasing, but depth of sickness is largely attenuated and diminishing. Especially for those who have been vaccinated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment