Friday, October 8, 2021

San Dimas Bobcat

 

Wife Klem and I have lived in San Dimas for 20 years. We’ve heard rumors of bobcats in the area, but I thought this was mostly wishful thinking. No more. Visual confirmation was attained last week.

 

I take an evening walk every day. It’s helpful in mentally toggling from work to play at the end of the workday, especially in this time of continued Covid-induced work from home.

 

This evening walk took me to a local residential association in our neighborhood south of Via Verde. I saw what initially registered as a regular old housecat, but as I walked by I noticed its unique markings. Then I paused, then stared. Just sitting there in someone’s yard. As I maneuvered for a better look, this feline moved unlike any housecat I’d ever seen, eerily making me feel as if I were the prey. With that as my motivation I took the below photo from 15 feet away. Then skedaddled.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment