Sunday, December 31, 2023

Things for which I am thankful as 2024 arrives.


Thankful that the family not only survived Covid, we emerged stronger and closer than when we entered it.


Thankful for the restraint to resist donuts. I'm also thankful that this gustatory restraint does Not carry over to chocolate.


Thankful that our local Costco consistently opens their doors 15 minutes earlier than posted, because I can get in, grab my 4-5 things, and get out before the store officially opens. No joke, a 15-minute venture in and out of that maze of temptation.


Thankful that I'm healthy enough to endure all the walking that Ghost Dog and I like to do. Sure, my feet and knees are not pristine, they have their ailments, but I'm healthy enough to remain abundantly ambulatory.


Thankful for blueberry pancakes and hot chocolate. I'm also thankful they're not staples of my diet, as that kind of recurring caloric deluge would put me at risk of leveling up my trousers' waistbands.


Thankful that Steffi and Kelly chose Ghost Dog when we were looking for a doggy, instead of a barky dog. Ghost Dog isn't barky, he's confident without the need to back it up with grand gestures of vocal annoyance.


Thankful for weekend junk TV with Steffi. An opportunity to enjoy the rewards of a few well-earned hours' retreat.


Thankful that after 56 years I've finally started to read nutrition labels on food. I don't always abide by the healthiest decisions, because junk food is just too tasty. But this new awareness has me slanting toward healthier choices.


Thankful that I married well and the kids have a good momma.


Thankful to have parents who have earned the proverbial crowded table. Family talking, laughing, and enjoying each other. Proof of lives well lived.



A peaceful and productive 2024 to you!

-Bill 


3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Bill! May the beautiful compulsion continue to swirl within your keyboard, pen, pencil, and other idea media that you use to complete your work. . . And good health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vexsen, the Beautiful Compulsion, thank you for sharing the terminology, and I dig the end result of your art. Peace to you and your people, amigo.

    ReplyDelete